So, Mark Zuckerberg has bowed to a pressure group and his minions are removing criticism of feminist ideas and dogma?
I know Mark is rich, but he’s also a geek and may not have had that much time to find out about the real world. That’s what happens when you are Young, Dumb and Full of Diodes. It may be that Mark just lacks real world experience and the sort of perspective that comes with time and some quality study materials.
I’m “NOT” going to assume that Mark is without the capacity to reason, or that he is happy to be ignorant. I would like to help Mark learn, so I’ve bought him a copy of “Who Stole Feminism?: How Women Have Betrayed Women” by Dr. Christina Hoff Sommers – 1994.
Philosophy professor Christina Sommers has exposed a disturbing development: how a group of zealots, claiming to speak for all women, are promoting a dangerous new agenda that threatens our most cherished ideals and sets women against men in all spheres of life. In case after case, Sommers shows how these extremists have propped up their arguments with highly questionable but well-funded research, presenting inflamma tory and often inaccurate information and stifling any semblance of free and open scrutiny.
Dr. Sommers has for many decades been highlighting the false claims made by feminists, along with the tactics they use. Tactics ranging from feigned ignorance, to the batting of eyelashes and claiming it was all just an honest mistake; whoopsie! Unfortunately the mistakes, false claims, hyper-inflated realities from anorexia to rape all run in a single direction. So, maybe they have not just been honest mistakes. Whoopsie! In fact, the “mistakes” in feminist dogma have been very controlling and have been about expressing power over others. It’s all very patriarchal.
You can get a taster of what is in store for Mr. Z by reading chapter 10 of the book “Researching the “Rape Culture” of America“. In it, Dr. Sommers details a great deal of the deception and propaganda.
Koss and her colleagues concluded that 15.4 percent of respondents had been raped, and that 12.1 percent had been victims of attempted rape. Thus, a total of 27.5 percent of the respondents were determined to have been victims of rape or attempted rape because they gave answers that fit Koss’s criteria for rape ….
Only about a quarter of the women Koss refers to as rape victims called what happened to them rape. According to Koss, the answers to the follow-up questions revealed that “only 27 percent” of the women she counted as having been raped labeled themselves as rape victims. Of the remainder, 49 percent said it was “miscommunication,” 14 percent said it was a “crime but not rape,” and 11 percent said they “don’t feel victimized.”
The Koss study, released in 1988, became known as the Ms. Report. Here is how the Ms. Foundation characterizes the results: “The Ms.project-the largest scientific investigation ever undertaken on the subject-revealed some disquieting statistics, including this astonishing fact: one in four female respondents had an experience that met the legal definition of rape or attempted rape.”
Similar views were expressed 14 years later The Campus Rape Myth The reality: bogus statistics, feminist victimology, and university-approved sex toys – Heather Mac Donald – City Journal Winter – 2008.
The campus rape industry’s central tenet is that one-quarter of all college girls will be raped or be the targets of attempted rape by the end of their college years (completed rapes outnumbering attempted rapes by a ratio of about three to two). The girls’ assailants are not terrifying strangers grabbing them in dark alleys but the guys sitting next to them in class or at the cafeteria.
If the one-in-four statistic is correct—it is sometimes modified to “one-in-five to one-in-four”—campus rape represents a crime wave of unprecedented proportions. No crime, much less one as serious as rape, has a victimization rate remotely approaching 20 or 25 percent, even over many years. The 2006 violent crime rate in Detroit, one of the most violent cities in America, was 2,400 murders, rapes, robberies, and aggravated assaults per 100,000 inhabitants, a rate of 2.4 percent. The one-in-four statistic would mean that every year, millions of young women graduate, having suffered the most terrifying assault, short of murder, that a woman can experience.
So, Mark had better get himself up to speed. You see, I’m an old school teacher type and I know the value of book learning over the Googlearchy. Mark will be tested, and I’m sorry, but I do issue penalties for each wrong answer. I’m sure that so many parents will be interested to see how well Mark does at some book learning, and if Mark fails he may find many parents not wanting his Ignorance to spread to their children.
$2.73 – such a small investment for the education of a Billionaire, and such a cheap way to test for Ignorance In Action.
PS: Here’s a copy of the actual order sending the book his way: