These are the terms and conditions under which we offer to publish work (including the text of your submission, together with any images, diagrams, graphics, memes, videos, audio, and material in any other format — collectively, the “Content”) submitted by you.
Please read them carefully: they grant A Voice for Men, its affiliates and its assigns (“We”, “Us”, “Our”) certain rights that cannot be revoked by you after publication. By submitting your work for publication, you expressly agree to the whole of this policy. You may withdraw your submission at any time up until your piece is published via your Self Service portal. After publication, this agreement vests and becomes irrevocable, and We will only edit or unpublish the Content at our discretion.
- These Terms and Conditions may be updated from time to time and without notice.
- You warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and are competent to enter into a binding legal agreement.
- You further warrant that the material you submit is substantially your own work, that you have permission to use material that is not your own and that you have acknowledged those sources and are authorized to license such work to us under the terms of this agreement. This agreement does not transfer copyright to us: copyrights remain in the possession of their respective owners.
- If, subsequent to publication, we find that your submission has plagiarized a source without acknowledgement in contravention to the foregoing, we may, at our discretion, remove some or all your articles and refuse to accept any further submissions from you.
- You agree that the copyright owner of the submission (generally yourself) accepts legal responsibility for any factual statements and claims made in the submission, and you indemnify Us and hold harmless against any and all legal claims and attached liabilities by and to third parties relating to your submission.
- You, along with any other relevant copyright holders, grant Us a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide and royalty-free license to use, publish, reproduce, modify, adapt, license, sublicense, distribute, sell, perform, translate, and display your submission (including any drawings, images, sounds, video recordings, or other data embedded in the piece and including adaptations or derivative works based on the piece) for any purpose, in any language, and in any manner or medium (the “Rights”). These rights vest on publication, after which, you agree you may not revoke them.
- Publication is solely at Our discretion. You agree that publication on Our platform is full, final and sufficient consideration in return for the Rights you grant us by this agreement, and that the extent of our relationship is limited to this particular submission.
- Screen names and Internet handles are unacceptable for publication. You may use a nom-de-plume, but we require at least a first name and a last name.
- You agree to keep your contact details (in particular, your email address(es)) up-to-date.
- You agree that, in the event of any disputes arising from this agreement, you will first submit to arbitration and, failing resolution, to submit to the jurisdiction of the US State of Nevada. You further agree that, should any part of this agreement be found unenforceable by a competent authority, the intent of those provisions shall be enforced to the extent that is permissible by law and that all other provisions of this agreement shall remain in full effect.
Withdrawing your submission
Provided your submission has not yet been published, you may withdraw your submission from our publication system, but the onus is yours to signal your wishes to us by clicking ‘withdraw submission’ under ‘actions’ in the ticket via your self-service portal. This is the only formal mechanism we offer for withdrawing your submission once we have received it. It is not sufficient to email your intention to withdraw (although we will assist you by email on a best-effort basis).
Withdrawal of your submission is effective only when we acknowledge (by email) receipt of your notice.